Senior Associate, Engagement Services
Collaborative Communications Group, Inc. is the nation’s premier communications consulting firm specializing in education and learning. A boutique agency, Collaborative is the strategic and creative force behind bold communications campaigns that address education issues, strengthen brand reputation, build awareness, and drive positive change. Our clients include philanthropies, nonprofit organizations, industry associations, colleges and universities, school systems, and corporations focused on education and learning.
Collaborative brings together dedicated self-starters who challenge each other to deliver the highest-quality outcomes for our clients, while working in an engaging, collaborative, and highly productive team environment. Our team approach ensures that we deliver exceptional results while maintaining a supportive and fulfilling environment where top talent can thrive.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated individual with extensive communications and project management experience—and a commitment to improving learning for young people and adults—to join us as Senior Associate, Engagement Services.
This is a full-time position based anywhere in the United States with ability to travel to our Washington, D.C. office.
We need a colleague to serve as a senior associate who can:
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of communications, public relations, and social media strategies and website projects that enhance clients’ vital missions.
- Creatively imagine solutions and strategies that support clients working to improve outcomes for children and youth, especially in communities where systemic racism and poverty have limited opportunities.
- Successfully manage the scope, workplan, and budget of several projects simultaneously, and develop detailed project plans that support effective utilization of team strengths and execution of client work to best support our individual clients’ needs.
- Serve as the client lead, supporting daily client needs and overarching strategies, and ensure clear communications among project team members and across client and internal teams.
- Cultivate and sustain relationships among clients and partners and develop strong relationships with media sources, consultants, vendors, and other resource providers.
- Conduct media and other web research and disseminate relevant findings to colleagues and clients as appropriate.
This position requires an individual with the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of communications and public relations experience including experience in digital strategy and implementation, content marketing and the development of communications campaigns.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with external partners at the highest level.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Commitment to and strong understanding of pK – workforce education issues is desirable. Knowledge of afterschool and summer learning issues is helpful.
- Agency experience is preferred.
Salary range: $90,000–$110,000 with excellent benefits including 100% healthcare coverage for employees, and unlimited vacation time with approval.
Collaborative is seeking Events Associate candidates to support a range of events activities, social media, and customer service.
This position requires an individual with the following:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach
- Ability to effectively work on multiple accounts/projects concurrently
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to learn to work with a wide range of tools and online platforms including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Adobe Photoshop and Pro, Google Suite, Zoom, Canva, Constant Contact, MailChimp/Constant Contact, Project Management system such as Asana;
- Ability to travel and availability to work evenings and weekends as needed; and
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support events and meetings by overseeing production of materials, development of overall meeting agendas, communications with participants and speakers, travel support, develop invitation lists and provide overall customer service.
- Ensure clear communications between project team members, including setting up regular project check-ins with internal and external teams. Actively participate in team and project meetings.
- Prepare agendas for client meetings and document follow-up. Take and disseminate meeting minutes (document meetings, tasks, and deliverables). Develop timelines and reports.
- Draft correspondence, newsletters, and social media content for events and initiatives and activating community engagement.
- Manage and support webinars, virtual conferences and in-person events , including but not limited to:
- Manage travel and expenses
- Monitor hotel room block for attendees and VIPs
- Pack event shipment
- Day-of coordination between hotel, outside vendors, AV team, online platforms, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
- Support networks of people, understanding the relationships, details, and ideas that support and extend their work
- Manage databases, registration systems, and event website content.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong working relationships.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits are excellent. The Events Associate will work across teams. Office is currently working remotely.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The statements in this description represent the typical elements of, and criteria for, the general work that the applicant should expect to perform in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Collaborative believes that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability, or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.