We are united by the shared belief that we can make a difference. Join us.
Collaborative is always looking for talented people who want their work to make a difference.
At Collaborative, we are true to our name. Our inclusive, supportive culture fosters a team-oriented approach to the work that we do and celebrates the diverse experiences, perspectives, and skill sets unique to each of us.
We value curiosity, thoughtfulness, optimism, and an appetite for big challenges.
If you are interested in joining us, then let’s talk. Please send inquiries, or a resume and a letter that helps us get to know you, to email@example.com.
Collaborative Communications is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workplace that embraces the power of diverse perspectives. We believe that the strength of our organization lies in the unique backgrounds, experiences, and talents of our team members. We promote equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Are you organized, creative, thorough, and committed to getting every task done efficiently? Do have a collaborative spirit and a penchant for teamwork? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple projects?
Collaborative Communications Group is seeking an events associate to manage and support a wide variety of outstanding events, who is adaptable, detail-oriented, an excellent communicator, and a problem solver. This is an opportunity to grow within this dynamic, hands-on, multifaceted role.
Collaborative is a full-service convenings manager, with a philosophy that participant learning and experience always comes first. Specializing in education and learning-related convenings from 5 to 5,000 participants, Collaborative seeks to develop experiences in which everyone comes to the table as both learner and expert and leaves the convening with practical ideas, strategies, and connections that build capacity and advance their missions for quality learning for youth, both in- and out-of-school.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
Collaborative is seeking Events Associate candidates to support a range of events activities, social media, and customer service. In this role, they will:
- Oversees events from kick off to completion with an exceptional ability to guide planning teams, optimize resources, and meet deadlines.
- Support events and meetings by overseeing production of materials, development of overall meeting agendas, communications with participants and speakers, travel support, develop invitation lists and provide overall customer service.
- Ensure clear communications between project team members, including setting up regular project check-ins with internal and external teams. Actively participate in team and project meetings.
- Prepare agendas for client meetings and document follow-up. Take and disseminate meeting minutes (document meetings, tasks, and deliverables). Develop reports.
- Draft correspondence, newsletters, and social media content for events and initiatives and activating community engagement.
- Manage and support webinars, virtual conferences and in-person events, including but not limited to:
- Manage travel and expenses
- Monitor hotel room block for attendees and VIPs
- Pack event shipments
- Day-of coordination between hotel, outside vendors, AV team, online platforms, etc.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Support networks of people, understanding the relationships, details, and ideas that support and extend their work.
- Manage databases, registration systems, and event website content.
- Cultivating and maintaining strong working relationships.
- Support ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple accounts/projects concurrently.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn to work with a wide range of tools and online platforms including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT).
- Adobe Photoshop and Pro, Google Suite, Zoom, Canva, MailChimp/Constant Contact, distance learning platforms, project management system such as Asana.
- Ability to travel and availability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Motivated to learn and develop new skills. Able to learn quickly and apply new skills.
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree and/or equivalent.
- Two to five years of event planning experience.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time during events.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours to accommodate events.
The Events Associate position is full-time and remote. Salary ranges is $55,000 – $65,000. Collaborative offers excellent benefits. The Events Associate will work across teams and report to the Vice President of Meetings and Events. Travel is required approximately once a month in the DC metro area and nationally.
The statements in this description represent the typical elements of, and criteria for, the general work that the applicant should expect to perform in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job.
Currently, we do not have any open positions. Please subscribe to our newsletter to be the first to know when new positions become available.
Please send a cover letter and resume, as a single file, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should include the job title. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.