Collaborative is seeking its next senior leader to oversee Engagement Services, a strategically informed integration between Media Relations, Social Media, and Digital Services. As Practice Lead, Engagement Services, you will serve on the leadership team, oversee a portfolio of clients, manage a dynamic group, and play an active role in managing and growing the business. Equal parts senior communications consultant, empathetic and empowering leader, and insightful business manager, the ideal candidate is someone who can anticipate client and staffing needs to see around corners within a growing business.
Practice Leader Responsibilities
- Assume responsibility for the firm’s success through actively managing an effective team resulting in a profitable portfolio of clients in marketing, media, and advocacy:
- Understand and attend to the needs of all project teams and clients across the portfolio
- Ensure all projects and clients are achieving their goals
- Pinpoint growth opportunities and develop tangible revenue targets with an eye towards business development efforts needed to uncover, cultivate and win new business
- Proactively identify new opportunities to support clients with an eye towards meaningful growth
- Look for opportunities across other Practice Group Areas to cross-sell or lend (or extend) support to existing projects
- Create and manage a productive, client-serving, and professional growth learning culture
- Identify staffing gaps, needed capacities—and recommend ways to achieve them
- Identify new tools, services, approaches that expand the Practice Area’s services and capacities—and that lead to new or expanded business
Day-to-Day Responsibilities, Engagement Services Lead
- Deliver excellent solutions and results that lead and delight our clients
- Recommend strategic solutions based upon research and engagement, message and concept development, and testing
- Manage a portfolio team of up to 30 projects, with oversight for budgets and staffing
- Oversee a team of 5-7 staff members to ensure effective resourcing across projects within the portfolio
- Create and manage systems for effective allocation of assignments for the media and digital teams
- Lead and manage anchor projects, providing a support role on other projects, as needed
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness with high attention to detail, adherence to deadlines/timelines, and ability to motivate others related to timelines
- Contribute to project scoping and proposal development
What You Bring
- Strong leadership capabilities and a track record of successful client and team management
- Experience leading or consulting for mission-driven organizations
- Expertise in marketing, media, and advocacy, ideally at the nexus of all three
- Demonstrated experience as a team-builder and problem-solver, with enthusiasm for motivating others to do their best work
- Experience in contract negotiation, preparing and managing project budgets, financial plans, and related assumptions, estimates, and cost-benefit analyses
- Experience managing vendors and contractors related to creative, technical, and digital projects
- Ability to implement the use of project management tools such as Asana, Slack, Basecamp, etc.
- Strong work ethic and a detail-oriented approach
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
Collaborative is the nation’s premier communications consulting firm specializing in education and learning. Collaborative is the creative force behind bold communications campaigns that address education issues, strengthen brand reputation, build awareness, and drive positive change. Collaborative’s clients include philanthropies, nonprofit organizations, industry associations, colleges and universities, school systems, and corporations focused on education and learning. Collaborative brings together dedicated self-starters who challenge each other to deliver the highest-quality outcomes for our clients, while working in an engaging, collaborative, and highly productive team environment. We deliver exceptional results while maintaining a supportive and fulfilling environment, where top talent can thrive.
- Stellar brand reputation within a niche industry
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunity to work with clients who make a difference in the lives of others
- Remote work environment
- Flexible schedule, supporting a rich life experience outside the office
- Best in class benefits including unlimited PTO
- Ambitiously idealistic in wanting to change the world through our work. Practice closing the achievement gap, improving access, and opportunity for kids
- Vested interest in the success of people, team, clients, and Agency
Office is currently working remotely due to COVID-19.
Please provide a cover letter and resume and add a link to your portfolio of work (with subject line “Practice Lead, Engagement Services”) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The statements in this description represent the typical elements of, and criteria for, the general work that the applicant should expect to perform in this role. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties ,and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability, or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.