The needs of a new generation of learners to build global competence and career and college readiness are driving educators to rethink time, space, curriculum, human and social capital, and the demonstration of competency.
Education innovations—with the support of advances in technology and unprecedented investments in education innovation from private investors, foundations and the Administration—are sending shockwaves through formal and informal learning systems. Innovators are working to create learning opportunities that are personalized and data-informed, and that connect learning that occurs in school, home, community and online.
Collaborative is actively developing a network of education innovators who:
- Leverage digital and social media to enhance engagement
- Create agency by allowing learners to work at their own pace and demonstrate competency in multiple ways
- Contextualize learning in real‐world and global situations
- Use assessment as a driver to optimize learning paths for youth
- Honor and reward learning that happens all the time, everywhere
Collaborative helps position new ideas and practices, including New Classrooms and World Wide Workshop, which bring student-centered, technology-rich learning models to schools. Collaborative is supporting the MacArthur Foundation’s Fourth Annual Digital Media and Learning Competition: Badges for Lifelong Learning. Collaborative built the beta Education Innovation Map for the Harvard Graduate School of Education Unleashing Education Innovation Convening. The innovation map is a tool to help jumpstart a discussion and create action to scale and spread innovation across the nation to ensure equitable access for all students.
Using traditional, new and social media, Collaborative supports education innovators by:
- Launching new efforts and positioning innovation partners into the national dialogue on transforming teaching and learning
- Creating strategies for branding and messaging and collateral materials that support them
- Developing social media strategies and building capacity to implement them
- Storytelling and engaging with multiple audiences through web and social media interactions
- Convening education innovators to learn from each other, through in-person and online engagements
- Mapping innovative learning initiatives and resources to connect partners and generate knowledge share
For more information, please contact Jennifer Cotter.