World Wide Workshop
The World Wide Workshop, a nonprofit that creates social media and digital technology applications to help youth and educators participate as leaders in the global knowledge economy, was experiencing great success in introducing its groundbreaking video game design curriculum (Globaloria) to schools across the country.
Realizing they were at a significant turning point, the organization wanted support to further tailor their messaging for key stakeholders and expand their coverage in media and social media forums on the impact of their programs on local communities and contributions to STEM education nationwide. Like many small and growing nonprofits, the World Wide Workshop also sought to identify creative ways to maximize the capacity of their current staff to support outreach efforts.
Collaborative worked with the World Wide Workshop to:
- Audit and assess its existing messaging and communications materials
- Co-create messaging, including targeted approaches for key stakeholder groups
- Train key staff members on messaging and provide tools and resources for the entire organization to use in ongoing communications
- Develop a comprehensive communications plan, including a customized media and social media strategy, and accompanying outreach lists
- Create press releases, blog posts and social media content in support of key outreach efforts
- Build relationships with reporters and bloggers in local and national media markets
As a result of these efforts, the World Wide Workshop was featured in 20 news stories and blog posts on Digital Learning Day 2012 and has since received favorable coverage in MindShift, Education Week, U.S. News and World Report, the Austin-American Statesman, ZDNet and Cincinnati.com.
The World Wide Workshop team has comprehensive messaging materials and ongoing support from Collaborative in identifying and pursuing opportunities to engage stakeholders through media and social media outreach.
- About Us
- Our Services
- Our Clients
- Our Impact
- Our Ideas