Collaborative is entrepreneurial and mission-driven. Our rapidly growing digital practice is helping leading organizations in the United States and around the world extend their influence by making data meaningful and actionable, and combining technology and creative solutions that are not only beautiful, but have impact. Through expert consulting services and award-winning products, we are building momentum and results—within our own organization and for those we serve.
We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly effective individual with extensive digital and project management experience—and a strong understanding of digital strategy, content strategy and storytelling—to join our team as Digital Project Manager.
The ideal new team member will be able to:
- Facilitate the delivery and management of websites and online tools;
- Lead projects and teams;
- Deliver quality products on time and within scope and budget in a fast-paced, team-oriented professional environment; and
- Remain aware of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for client engagements.
The Digital Project Manager will:
- Lead the development of and create content for various digital products, including websites, data visualizations and video;
- Consult directly with clients on digital solutions, helping to make decisions based on project goals, align to digital best practices and clarify project vision;
- Independently direct website development and related digital projects;
- Develop effective project plans to best support defined strategies and client deliverables;
- Manage project scope, budget and timeline;
- Actively engage in team and client strategy sessions, and support and manage trainings and launch events for clients;
- Cultivate and sustain effective relationships with team members, clients and partners, media sources, and consultants and vendors;
- Help to develop the Collaborative brand and expand the organization’s footprint.
Collaborative is a strong fit for professionals who want their work to matter; who possess strong drive, confidence and self-motivation; who demonstrate a willingness to work with others to achieve better results than can be accomplished alone; and who are resourceful, accountable, tenacious problem-solvers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience managing the creation of digital tools in the service of strategic goals;
- Exceptional communications skills, combined with the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including technical teams;
- Ability to facilitate technical decision-making, both independently and in coordination with a client;
- Familiarity with a range of database and CMS solutions and UX practices;
- Experience with the development of project timelines, milestones, budget reports, technical requirements and user documentation;
- Experience solving client or customer problems through the application of appropriate technical solutions, particularly as relevant to non-profit organizations and government agencies;
- Experience with new and social media writing in a professional setting.
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is full-time position, based in our Metro-accessible Washington, DC, office. Collaborative offers premium benefits.
Please visit http://www.collaborativecommunications.com to find more information about Collaborative’s award-winning products and services, as well as our corporate capabilities, values, philosophy, practice areas and client base. Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via e-mail (with subject line “Digital Project Manager”) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Collaborative Communications is a strategic consulting firm devoted to developing collaborative solutions to education, workforce and community challenges. Leading philanthropic, education and non-profit organizations, as well as universities and corporations hire Collaborative to achieve their strategic goals through superior communications, management, consulting and engagement services. We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity and that regularly produce breakthrough results.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.