Collaborative is a communications and consulting firm specializing in education and learning. We are passionate about helping our clients improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, and engagement.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated self-starter for this mid-level position. The Senior Associate will work with the Collaborative media, engagement, and digital teams to lead strategic content creation across platforms. This position requires communications strategy and project management experience as well as a strong understanding of public relations best practices.
The Senior Associate is a full-time position and based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Senior Associate will:
- Serve as an integral member of the media, engagement, and digital teams;
- Develop strategy for and manage day-to-day operations of client projects
- Serve as the primary contact for clients, working to address their day-to-day needs and proactively positioning strategic/communications opportunities to advance their mission
- Coordinate internal and external teams to complete projects, from developing work plans to coordinating graphic and web design to scheduling and leading check ins;
- Actively engage in and facilitate in-person kick-off meetings, client brainstorming sessions, spokesperson trainings, messaging workshops and strategy meetings;
- Help oversee development and implementation of communications, public relations, and social media strategies and content that enhance clients’ vital missions. Content may include:
- Press releases, media advisories, statements, and other traditional communications
- Opinion essays and commentaries for education and mainstream media
- E-mail marketing, blog posts, website copy, and other digital content
- Identify and execute communications tactics (e-blasts, social media, speaking engagements, etc.) to amplify Collaborative’s digital presence and expand its footprint across the sector
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- 4-6 years of communications and public relations experience, with some experience at a consulting firm preferred;
- At least 2 years of project management experience;
- At least 4 years of experience leading content development across digital and traditional media channels, including blog posts, press releases, commentaries, reports, one-pagers, e-newsletters, e-mail marketing, and social media copy;
- Ability to both develop and implement a media and engagement strategy for clients
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with external partners at the highest levels of business, government, and the education and social sectors;
- A can-do attitude, with the drive to get the work done alongside the team, no matter how large or small the task;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required; Master’s degree preferred but not required;
- Commitment to and strong understanding of K-12 education issues; and
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Senior Associate will work across teams and report to the firm’s leadership. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, and is Metro accessible. Collaborative offers excellent benefits.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via e-mail (with subject line “Senior Associate”) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Collaborative is passionate about helping improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We are a consulting firm that works to:
- Connect networks of people in learning communities within and across organizations to significantly enhance their knowledge and capacity;
- Create, share and use knowledge to generate new ideas and improve performance; and
- Engage diverse stakeholders to go beyond traditional approaches, create solutions aligned to the values of the people affected by them and build sustained attention to complex problems.
For more than 18 years, Collaborative has partnered with leading education organizations, foundations, government agencies, school districts, and community-based organizations that share our values and commitment. We empower our clients by working to build capacity—not dependency—and by providing an array of strategies, systems and tools that are continuously evolving. We provide access to and connections within a growing network of organizations, researchers, consultants, practitioners, and community members whose collective content knowledge, expertise and experience supports the learning and growth of everyone in the network. We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity and that regularly produce breakthrough results.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.