Join the Dynamic Collaborative Team
Collaborative is a communications and consulting firm specializing in education and learning. We are passionate about helping our clients improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, and engagement.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated self-starter with communications, public relations, content creation, and project management experience for our Associate position.
This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Associate will:
- Serve as an integral member of the media, engagement, and digital teams;
- Manage day-to-day operations of assorted media and engagement projects and provide immediate support for individual clients’ needs;
- Coordinate internal and external teams to execute client work; from developing work plans and coordinating graphic design, content creation, and other activities, to scheduling and leading client check-ins;
- Support facilitation of in-person kick-off meetings, client brainstorming sessions, spokesperson trainings, messaging workshops and strategy meetings;
- Support development of various forms of communications content that enhance clients’ vital missions. Content may include:
- Press releases, media advisories, statements, and other traditional communications
- Opinion essays and commentaries for education and mainstream media
- Social media plans, editorial calendars, and posts
- E-mail marketing, blog posts, website copy, simple graphics, and other digital content
- Conduct daily general and issue/client-specific monitoring of education trade, mainstream media outlets and relevant social media for K-12 education news, disseminating relevant findings to colleagues and clients as appropriate;
- Develop, and execute on, opportunities to expand Collaborative’s footprint across traditional and digital media channels.
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- 2-4 years of communications and public relations experience, with some experience at a consulting firm preferred;
- At least 1 year of project management experience;
- At least 3 years of demonstrated experience on communications and content development projects, supporting message development, media pitching, blog writing, e-newsletters, social media, etc.;
- Broad writing and editing experience across a variety of external mediums, including commentaries, reports, one-pagers, etc.;
- Ability to support digital and social media strategies across Facebook, Twitter, etc.;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with external partners at the highest levels of business, government, and the education and social sectors;
- A can-do attitude, with the drive to get the work done alongside the team, no matter how large or small the task;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline required;
- Commitment to and strong understanding of K-12 education issues; and
- Bilingual skills are a plus.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Associate will work across teams and report to the firm’s leadership. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC, and is Metro accessible. Collaborative offers excellent benefits.
Please visit http://www.collaborativecommunications.com to find more information about Collaborative’s award-winning products and services as well as our corporate capabilities, values, philosophy, practice areas and client base.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via e-mail (with subject line “Associate”) to email@example.com. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
Collaborative is passionate about helping improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We are a consulting firm that works to:
- Connect networks of people in learning communities within and across organizations to significantly enhance their knowledge and capacity;
- Create, share and use knowledge to generate new ideas and improve performance; and
- Engage diverse stakeholders to go beyond traditional approaches, create solutions aligned to the values of the people affected by them and build sustained attention to complex problems.
For more than 18 years, Collaborative has partnered with leading education organizations, foundations, government agencies, school districts, and community-based organizations that share our values and commitment. We empower our clients by working to build capacity—not dependency—and by providing an array of strategies, systems and tools that are continuously evolving. We provide access to and connections within a growing network of organizations, researchers, consultants, practitioners, and community members whose collective content knowledge, expertise and experience supports the learning and growth of everyone in the network. We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity and that regularly produce breakthrough results.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.