Collaborative Communications Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced Digital Director committed to high-quality work with a passion to help improve learning systems through better communications, collaboration and engagement. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Lead the design and management of online tools, projects and teams;
- Manage and sustain client and vendor relationships;
- Remain aware of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for client engagements;
- Demonstrate experience with requirements gathering, requirements documenting (use cases, user stories, business processes, and training documentation) and change management for web-based applications;
- Create and execute project work plans and timelines, revising as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements and maintaining project documentation;
- Manage project resources to deliver exceptional digital solutions and products;
- Understand client contracts and billing procedures, track and report costs and expenses, and ensure timely and accurate invoices; and
- Deliver quality products on time and within scope and budget in a fast-paced, team-oriented professional environment.
The digital director at Collaborative leads teams and develops creative and digital tools, initiatives and products that further the goals of our clients.
The digital director will lead a portfolio of projects and client relationships, directly support the conceptualization, planning, development, implementation, logistics and budget for individual projects, and be responsible for lending digital expertise to projects and for staff capacity-building across the firm.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for creating and delivering effective digital and creative strategies that are carefully tailored for individual client needs, such as website development projects, interactive tools and data visualization, web writing projects, social media strategy, online communities of practice and other forms of online engagement, facilitation, and communication.
The digital director will:
- Work to define and create meaningful digital solutions to meet client needs within available budget and scope;
- Independently execute website development and related digital projects;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions;
- Provide digital strategy and technology subject matter expertise;
- Participate meaningfully in team and project meetings; and
- Support the development of partner and vendor relationships.
The digital director will have or demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience managing the creation of digital tools in the service of communications goals;
- Exceptional communications skills, combined with the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including of technical teams;
- Ability to facilitate technical decision-making, both independently and in coordination with a client;
- Familiarity with modern UX practices and process, ability to collaborate across disciplines, and skill in proactively identifying issues and solutions;
- Experience solving client or customer problems through the application of appropriate technical solutions, particularly as relevant to non-profit and government organizations;
- Experience with and ability to explain the use of common content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress;
- Knowledge of graphic design, web development workflows and implementation processes, and best practices for managing websites and other interactive media;
- Experience with new and social media writing in a professional setting; and
- Flexibility during peak workload periods.
Salary is competitive. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, D.C. office.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.