Collaborative Communications Group, Inc. is looking for an experienced senior digital project manager committed to high-quality work with a passion to help improve learning systems through better communications, collaboration and engagement. The ideal candidate will be able to:
- Lead the design and management of online tools, projects and teams;
- Manage and sustain client and vendor relationships;
- Remain aware of new and emerging technologies and their potential application for client engagements;
- Demonstrate experience with requirements gathering, requirements documenting (use cases, user stories, business processes, and training documentation) and change management for web-based applications;
- Create and execute project work plans and timelines, revising as appropriate to meet changing project needs and requirements and maintaining project documentation;
- Manage project resources to deliver exceptional digital solutions and products;
- Understand client contracts and billing procedures, track and report costs and expenses, and ensure timely and accurate invoices; and
- Deliver quality products on time and within scope and budget in a fast-paced, team-oriented professional environment.
Position Overview: The senior digital project manager at Collaborative leads teams and develops creative and digital tools, initiatives and products that further the goals of our clients.
The senior digital project manager will directly support the conceptualization, planning, development, implementation, logistics and budget for individual projects and be responsible for lending digital expertise to projects and for staff capacity-building across the firm.
Specifically, this position will be responsible for creating and delivering effective digital and creative strategies that are carefully tailored for individual client needs, such as website development projects, interactive tools and data visualization, web writing projects, social media strategy, online communities of practice and other forms of online engagement, facilitation and communication.
Responsibilities: The senior digital project manager will:
- Work to define and create meaningful digital solutions to meet client needs within available budget and scope;
- Independently execute website development and related digital projects;
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions;
- Provide digital strategy and technology subject matter expertise;
- Participate meaningfully in team and project meetings; and
- Support the development of partner and vendor relationships.
Qualifications: The senior digital project manager will have or demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree and experience managing the creation of digital tools in the service of communications goals;
- Exceptional communications skills, combined with the ability to work with people at all levels of an organization;
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills, including of technical teams;
- Ability to facilitate technical decision-making, both independently and in coordination with a client;
- Familiarity with modern UX practices and process, ability to collaborate across disciplines, and skill in proactively identifying issues and solutions;
- Experience solving client or customer problems through the application of appropriate technical solutions, particularly as relevant to non-profit and government organizations;
- Experience with and ability to explain the use of common content management systems, including Drupal and WordPress;
- Knowledge of graphic design, web development workflows and implementation processes, and best practices for managing websites and other interactive media;
- Experience with new and social media writing in a professional setting; and
- Flexibility during peak workload periods.
Salary is competitive. This is a full-time position based in our Washington, D.C. office.
About Collaborative: Collaborative works to improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We are a learning-focused consulting firm that works to:
- Connect networks of people in learning communities within and across organizations to significantly enhance their knowledge and capacity;
- Create, share and use knowledge to generate new ideas and improve performance; and
- Engage diverse stakeholders to go beyond traditional approaches, create solutions aligned to the values of the people affected by them and build sustained attention to complex problems.
For more than 15 years, Collaborative has partnered with leading education organizations, foundations, government agencies, school districts and community-based organizations that share our values and commitment.
We empower our clients by working to build capacity—not dependency—and by providing an array of strategies, systems and tools that are continuously evolving.
We provide access to and connections within a growing network of organizations, researchers, consultants, practitioners and community members whose collective content knowledge, expertise and experience supports the learning and growth of everyone in the network.
We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity and that regularly produce breakthrough results.
To Apply: Please visit http://www.collaborativecommunications.com for more information about our award-winning interactive services as well as its corporate capabilities, values, philosophy, practice areas and client base.
Please combine a cover letter and resume into a single file and send via email to email@example.com by February 1, 2016. No phone calls please.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Collaborative Communications Group, Inc., is an equal-opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.