We need your help in getting to SXSWedu 2015 in Austin. In partnership with educational leaders from across the country, we’ve proposed three new workshops that focus on shaping the future of K-12 education.
Your vote matters in the selection process, so please make your voice heard and give our sessions a thumbs-up. We’re ready to dive into important dialogues about college and career readiness, education data collaboration and digital learning partnerships:
- Making it Matter: Real-World Learning Afterschool: We believe students today will be college and career ready, and now is the time to engage afterschool to make the promise a reality. Participants will learn about Linked Learning, global learning and competency-based learning done in afterschool where youth gain skills, knowledge, credit and embrace their future. Featuring:
- Adam Greenman, Rhode Island Afterschool Plus Alliance (RIASPA)
- Alexis Menten, Asia Society
- Samantha Tran, Children Now
- Terry Peterson, PhD, Senior Fellow at the College of Charleston
- Building a City of Open Education Data: In Washington, DC, state agencies, community organizations and civic hackers are working together to create a vibrant ecosystem of tools for understanding and making use of data about public schools. Discover how a civic app empowered every DC parent to participate in shaping the future of the public education system. Featuring:
- Jeffrey Noel, DC Office of the State Superintendent of Education
- HyeSook Chung, DC Action for Children
- Brennan McMahon Parton, Data Quality Campaign
- Chris Given, Collaborative Communications and Code for DC
- Unleash the Power of Digital Learning Partnerships: The digital learning revolution is more than trading textbooks for tablets-it is an opportunity to transform collaboration to boost student engagement and learning. Let’s break down education silos through partnerships that: (1) Increase digital access and literacy; (2) Empower students and families with data; (3) Boost education service and volunteering; and (4) Support 24/7 lifestyles of learning. Featuring:
- Michael Robbins, Collaborative Communications and Span Learning
We hope to see you in Austin for SXSWedu, March 9-12, 2015.